Effective April 1, 2018
What We Collect, and Why
There are a few types of data that we collect for NearlyBird:
- E-mail Address: We collect—and associate with your account—an e-mail address and which discount tier you selected. We use this information to contact you in the future regarding your pre-order, alert you to product development updates, and create your account and apply your discount when the product ships.
- Payment Information: If you choose to pre-order a product we collect—and associate with your account—payment information such as credit card information, your name, phone number, payment information, and physical address. This enables us to provide the service, and administrate the paid portion of our service.
- Usage Data: We also collect basic information (Google Analytics) on how you are using the service. This information helps us understand what is and isn’t working in NearlyBird, so we can improve it going forwards.
We protect the privacy of our users. We will not sell, rent, or trade the data discussed above to advertisers or other third parties. However, we may share it with the following groups for the following purposes.
- Service Providers: NearlyBird relies on a number of third-party service providers. This includes hosting, analytics platforms, payment providers, and app distribution services, among others. These third-parties will access your data for the purposes of providing the NearlyBird service, and will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
- Authorities: We may disclose data to third parties such as law enforcement if reasonably necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
We retain collected data for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which we collect or receive the data, unless otherwise required by applicable law. Typically, when you delete your account, we’ll also delete the accompanying personal data. There may occasionally be some latency in this deletion, and we reserve the right to preserve the data to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce agreements.
As of the effective date of this policy, the cloud services that can be integrated with NearlyBird comply with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks as set for by the US Department of Commerce.
Security is critical, and we follow industry best practices when protecting your data in NearlyBird. That includes a variety of technologies and processes to guard against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use of your data. We work with trusted, well-known third-party providers to host data, and also enable the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption protocol when transmitting sensitive information.
Changes and Updates
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you of any such transaction and outline your options in this event.
Privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions about this policy, NearlyBird, or Null Unit generally, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.